Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
He's wrong on one point

Anyone would have been flagged for that simply because it looked bad, refs see a violent looking hit they throw the flag more often then not, whether it should be called or not. And that play was a penalty no doubt, although I see it as a hard nosed player giving it his all going to stop a pass that could have set Pitt up to win the game. I don't blame him for it, but it was a penalty also, that happens in football and it doesn't make him dirty or a scumbag.

He is right that he is being targeted tho. Refs have said on many occasions that they go off of reputation when making calls. (Why doesn't the NFL have full time refs who don't need to take short cuts? Idk) it was clear from his first action that the rep he had coming out of college had carried over to the NFL and he got flagged for several hits that weren't penalties because of it, I believe the NFL even apologized for some of them, not that the apology helped the bengals or burfict's reputation which only grew worse and worse. So from what I've seen his negative reputation has grown exponentially with each big hit, regardless of it being illegal or not. It's not fair and it's pathetic that the refs are as much to blame for his villain role as he is imo. It is what it is and he and the bengals will continue to pay the price until he backs off and like he said starts hitting low
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - leonardfan40 - 02-23-2016, 03:32 PM