Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-23-2016, 03:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Fred I have to just disagree with you that Owners don't have influence. All the players you mentioned besides Talib won appeals and got their suspensions lowered. Talib didn't but he is a repeat offender who only got 1 game suspension for multiple offenses as a first suspension, then he got slapped on the wrist for his obvious one in front of the nation. Under the rules Goodell proposed he would have been ejected 5 minutes into the game. That doesn't translate to a 26k fine.

Truth is Owners do have influence. Some more than others. Mike Brown isn't one of them.

I could just as easily argue that Mike Brown is the reason that Burfict was not suspended BEFORE this playoff dust up.

Owners have zero to do with players getting suspended.  Kraft is as powerful as any owner out there and even he could not stop Goodell from suspending Brady.  The Steelers have had a long list of players suspended.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - fredtoast - 02-23-2016, 03:59 PM