Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-23-2016, 03:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: A lot of this is because of the media. The outrage caused Goodell to suspend Burfict in record time, and then deny his appeal in record time. The media didn't go all in on any of the Steeler players/coaches, they didn't slam Talib even after he admitted purposefully doing what he did. The narrative created that the Bengals were classless was done by the announcers that showed a lack of class by attacking Cincinnati fans as much as Cinci players throughout that broadcast. They made Burfict seem out of control, even though there was no signs on the sideline that he was being talked to and held back and out of control. That all came from the announcers. Burfict wasn't out of control that game. Cameras didn't catch it, but it was a narrative created by the announcers. They defined that game as much as the players (and Steeler coaches) who played in it.

Don't blame the announcers.  Blame the players who committed 100 penalties in the two regular season games between them.

And Burfict has no one to blame but himself for his reputation.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - fredtoast - 02-23-2016, 04:03 PM