Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Apple opposes gov order to unlock iPhone
(02-23-2016, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, wrong.  If there was no airport security then there wpould be a lot of potential hijackers and terrorists trying to take bombs and or guns onto planes.

It isn't because they are all getting caught before they get to the airport.  they are not even trying because they are aware of the airport security.

the fact that TSA confiscated over 2200 guns in 2014 makes it pretty clear to me that there is more reason than "paranoia" to justify the need for airport security.
So only the government can sneak 96% of weapons through? What that shows is those who actually try to conceal weapons get them through, those who don't get caught (accidental, don't understand rules, etc.). Remember Andre Smith being one of those who had a gun get confiscated at the airport? There are thousands of stories like that.

We have guys who travel all the time with carry ons at my work, including me. These carry ons when not on planes often times have pocket knives and box cutters in them for opening packing materials.  Sometimes those get left in their carry ons, and guess what? They still get through security with them! Those box cutters are the same weapons that the hijackers on 9/11 used to take down the twin towers. Remember the shoe bomber? He got through security, but it was the passengers who stopped him from blowing up, not TSA. When has TSA ever stopped a terrorist from getting through? Don't you think they'd make that public to get some traction and support? Don't you think if any of the guys carrying all thsoe guns had actual intentions to do something the FBI would have arrested and charged them and the TSA would have been hailed as heros?

I'm sorry, but the security measures in place do nothing. 96% failure rate in a controlled study when people had intent on hiding weapons is not stopping anyone who is set on doing bad things. We have digressed however, so maybe this is better left to it's own thread.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Apple opposes gov order to unlock iPhone - Au165 - 02-23-2016, 04:47 PM