Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment
(02-23-2016, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ah, groups of people coming together.  Now we are talking about something that really happened in history.

Groups of people did come together because everyone benefits from this.  That is what leads to governments.

If people were better off as individuals with no ruls then they would have never formed groups that evolved into governments.  

This is exactly how history has proven that people need to work together under group rules.  Anyone who thinks a lone individual can survive and thrive while the rest of society functions as a group is just completely ignorant of history.

Small groups coming together is a good thing.  They can then work with other groups and that is also a good thing.  People can opt out if they choose and they can leave one group and join another if the other group will take them.

On a large scale, like the US.  We have people that think what is legal in California should be legal in Kentucky.  That is where it differs from small scale grouping.

For instance, and don't derail the thread arguing about it,  Same sex marriage.  There were already states that allowed it.  However the decision from the SCOTUS took away a State's right to not recognize Same Sex marriage.  To you it was a victory, because you support same sex marriage.  To others that don't support same sex marriages, it was a further reminder that other people will impose their rules onto them.  If it was legal in California, then there is nothing stopping a gay couple from living in California.  However the gay couple didn't want to live in California, they wanted to live in Kentucky, and in Kentucky it was illegal.  So it doesn't allow for people that don't support this lifestyle to opt out of the system. 

It is either you OBEY or else.  That is totalitarian and not a country I want to live in or be a part of.  I want to be free to choose the area that I want to raise my children in.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-23-2016, 07:27 PM