Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment
(02-23-2016, 07:27 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: For instance, and don't derail the thread arguing about it,  Same sex marriage.  There were already states that allowed it.  However the decision from the SCOTUS took away a State's right to not recognize Same Sex marriage.  To you it was a victory, because you support same sex marriage.  To others that don't support same sex marriages, it was a further reminder that other people will impose their rules onto them.  If it was legal in California, then there is nothing stopping a gay couple from living in California.  However the gay couple didn't want to live in California, they wanted to live in Kentucky, and in Kentucky it was illegal.  So it doesn't allow for people that don't support this lifestyle to opt out of the system. 

It is either you OBEY or else.  That is totalitarian and not a country I want to live in or be a part of.  I want to be free to choose the area that I want to raise my children in.

Treating everyone equally is not oppression.  If the government forced you to marry another man then you would have a point.  But that never happened.

If you want to be free to make your own rules then you will have to create your own country.  And you are never going to be able to do this.

Only a child would think there would ever be a perfect fairy land where you get to make every rule about everything.  Adults realize that in order to live as a society we have to follow rules.  And adults realize that there is not going to be a perfect place where everyone agrees 100% with everyone else.  So the best we can do is create systems that treat everyone fairly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - fredtoast - 02-23-2016, 07:37 PM