Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment
(02-23-2016, 07:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Treating everyone equally is not oppression.  If the government forced you to marry another man then you would have a point.  But that never happened.

If you want to be free to make your own rules then you will have to create your own country.  And you are never going to be able to do this.

Only a child would think there would ever be a perfect fairy land where you get to make every rule about everything.  Adults realize that in order to live as a society we have to follow rules.  And adults realize that there is not going to be a perfect place where everyone agrees 100% with everyone else.  So the best we can do is create systems that treat everyone fairly.

Again.  Tell me where I am claiming that my way is perfect?  Is it better than yours?  ABSOLUTELY.  But perfect?  No.

As to treating everyone equally.... OK. 

Making people associate with people that they don't want to is oppression.  I should be free to work with, live around and associate with people of my own choosing.

So if I wanted to raise my children in a community that doesn't have a gay couple in it.  I would make sure, that I did not move to a place where gay couples reside.  If California wants to legalize same sex marriage, fine.  Let people who support it and want to be around it move there.  If Kentucky doesn't want to allow it, then that would be a place where I could move my family too.

As of right now.  Hungary is a place where they don't recognize same sex marriages.  They are anti-immigration and very traditional.

I have many friends who are thinking heavily about moving to Hungary, and some have already made the move.  I am cautious, because the grass isn't always greener.  However, as of now, I am impressed with what Hungary has to offer.  Which if you think about it, is a sad state for the US.  That people are leaving it, because of Marxist thinkers wanting to force their views onto everyone else.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-23-2016, 07:47 PM