Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment
(02-23-2016, 07:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And no one is forcing you to stay anywhere either.

So how is your group any different from the United States when it comes to "Obey or else"?  You are free to opt out anytime you want.

Except for that fact that I actually have to leave the US.  Which I have already stated, that I am considering.

However, the US, was supposed to be the "greatest country on earth".  It was supposed to be freedom.  It was supposed to be a place that if you didn't like something, you could move somewhere else, and still be an American.

This country is huge.  The ideas of the Founding Fathers, were to create a nation, where the laws were more important at the local level than the ones at the federal level.

So this way, if a community wanted to be all inclusive and allow gays, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Middle Eastern or whatever.  Then that community could do so. 

However if I didn't want to be a part of that community, then I could move along and live in a more exclusive community that may not take everyone that wants to live in it.  That is if the community will allow me entry.  If the community says no.  Then I move along or I can create my own community, if I can find enough people that doesn't want to live in the all inclusive one, and they can't get accepted in the more exclusive communities.

Now if I really want to be in the more exclusive community, then I would need to make sure I had some skill or something else of value to allow me entrance. 

Again, I am already thinking about washing my hands of the US.  It is not the country that I was told it was.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-23-2016, 08:07 PM