Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment
(02-23-2016, 08:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What do you mean "except for"?

Leaving is exactly what "opting out" means and you are free to leave anytime that you want.

So basically your little group is exactly like the United States........"Obey or else".

Big country.  Yet the people here have such small brains.

OK.  How big is Ohio?  How big is California?

If you lived in California and I lived in Ohio, could we not have our own ways of doing things?  Without trying to force our views onto each other?

If I have to leave the US to get the type of life I am looking for.  Then that would mean, my taxes would no longer be collected.  The US has to goes to war?  One less able bodied man to call upon.  The US as a country had the potential to be so much more than what it has been turned into.  My children will no longer be citizens of the US either, so that would remove their potential from this country as well.

I think with as big as this country is, we can have places where you can get what you want, and I can get what I want.  Are we going to have to compromise?  Yep, that is what being an adult means.  Will I get everything I am looking for?  No.  However, I will be damned if I live in a country that allows for a Same Sex couple to sue a business because that business didn't want to support their lifestyle.  Especially when there are many other options available.

I don't want to live in a country where people don't know that they have to work hard to get what they want out of life.  Instead of feeling entitled to it.  I hear so many people praise Sanders for promising them free college, free healthcare, free, free, free.  Yet they don't think it is their choices that got them where they are and that Sanders' promises are empty because even with the free college, the people will still be in the same boat they are in, only with higher taxes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-24-2016, 08:04 AM