Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment
(02-24-2016, 10:42 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Oh, no argument there.  I thought it was going to be about the 2nd Amendment.  However it seemed to derail into drunk driving and my political philosophy, and, gasp, the flaws in it, as if I have ever claimed that my views is perfect.

However, like you, I would rather stop talking about me, and move onto the actual thread.

Such as.  No issue with educating people on fire arm safety, just think it should be done in school.  Not a separate program that would require people like me, who have had military training, plus extra training in the past 16 years, to spend extra money to go through this training.

I also am quick to point out that fallacy that the people in this video have had 0 training.

What do you think about the video?  Do you think they all are untrained or could some be trained and just be stupid?

Without knowing them it could easily be both!

Lots of gun lovers / owners around me where I live but I have never seen anyone give a gun to someone to shoot if they had never fired one before unless they stayed with them, made sure it was something they could handle and put safety first.

I'd be OK with schools having a course...but I'd rather it be optional and then if they want a gun later they have to pay for the training themselves.

My dad was a hunter until my sister was born.  I was all of 4 years old so I never went with him and then never went at all.  I have no desire to own a gun, but those that do need to be trained (as you say) and also vetted as best we can.  Can't eliminate all crazy people but we can try to catch most of them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - GMDino - 02-24-2016, 11:06 AM