Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales
(02-24-2016, 03:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes, because it's his belief system and you should at least respect that.

Just because it doesn't match your belief system doesn't mean he's a shitty person. I have already pointed out to you that he is a very generous person and has helped thousands of poor families and built 1k homes for poor families. When he did this, he also stated that it was because of the teaching of the Bible.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-114694.html
“Give thanks to God for what you have received today. It’s a gift from Him. He’s just using me to help you. Take good care of this property and don’t sell it,” Pacquiao told the project recipients.

After every fight. Manny donates 1 mil Philippine Pesos to a local hospital.
He's currently footing the bill for a big Church in his hometown.

All because of his belief system, and apparently to some, it makes him a shitty person, no matter what else he does to help people.

Saying "my religion says being gay is wrong" is not shitty.

Saying gays are like animals and should be killed because of my religion is shitty.

But now the original author and Pacquiao are back tracking and claiming he never said that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/16/manny-pacquiao-gay-marriage-leviticus-examiner_n_1521747.html

Quote:Pacquiao eventually clarified his comments in a statement, claiming that he had never cited the violent verse from Leviticus.

"I didn’t say that, that’s a lie. I didn’t know that quote from Leviticus because I haven’t read the Book of Leviticus yet. I’m not against gay people. I have a relative who is also gay. We can’t help it if they were born that way," he said, per TMZ. "What I'm critical off [sic] are actions that violate the word of God. I only gave out my opinion that same sex marriage is against the law of God."

Ampong wrote a second article on Wednesday
 backing Pacquiao and demanding that the writers of those stories apologize to the Philippines congressman.

"Pacquiao never said nor recited, nor invoked and nor did he ever refer to such context," Ampong said. "I hereby demand both Weir and Romero to apologize to Pacquiao. They, being writers for USA Today and LA Weekly respectively, should have a better reading comprehension than I do, rhetorically."

Also taking aim at the writers who attributed Ampong's use of the Leviticus quote to Pacquiao was Mary Wiliams of Salon, who wrote," If you’re going to quote someone, read the damn source material already. You need to have an eighth-grade reading proficiency level to get a driver’s license, yet apparently you can be functionally illiterate and work for L.A. Weekly and USA Today."

James King of The Village Voice, who also wrote on Tuesday that Pacquaio had quoted from Leviticus, responded to Ampong's secondary story with a withering critique of his own on Wednesday.

"We -- and dozens of other news outlets -- read the same article, in which Ampong clearly credits Pacquiao with quoting the Bible passage," writes King. "It's since been modified to clarify that Pacquiao isn't the one who made the reference."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales - GMDino - 02-24-2016, 04:29 PM