Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How bad of shape has the US become?
(02-24-2016, 04:56 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: We are becoming more and morr like Europe, which is the goal of a good many people. What most of those people don't realize is with that "European utopia" comes European-style unemployment, wages and taxation - all of which are at level far beyond what is acceptable in the US.

See, I like the idea of the way things are over there. The only problem is that it just wouldn't work here for a number of reasons. Not just cultural differences, but even geography. One big cost saver in many of these countries in Europe is the lack of a need for a vehicle. Public transportation, walking, and cycling will get you just about anywhere. There are a lot of people in European countries with a car (that's another thing, more one car families) that gathers dust in their garage because they hardly ever use it. We could never make that work here because we are not as compact.

So all of that to say that I get what you're saying and think that those things wouldn't work here in the same way. But I'll also point out there are EU countries with lower unemployment rates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How bad of shape has the US become? - Belsnickel - 02-24-2016, 05:15 PM