Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals given a "C" Rating for 2015 Season
(02-24-2016, 04:45 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Ben doesn't play defense and we had the game won pretty much.  Total collapse by the best Bengal team that we may ever see.  Anyone can say, "We would've won with Dalton, so it really doesn't count."  Every team has injuries.  The Steelers might have destroyed us without their own injuries with or without Dalton.  I don't waste my time thinking about hypothetical situations.

I'm saying, A's are for Super Bowl teams, B's are for playoff winning teams, and C's-F's are for all the rest.  Doesn't matter what your record is if you don't win in the playoffs.  Sorry, but that's my take.  I don't think there's any right or wrong answer.  It's just an opinion.

Lots of criticism of other's grades but nothing to offer yourself?  

“Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them.” - John Wooden

Ben doesn't play defense, but he effects the defense. Once Ben went down I don't know if the Steelers got a first down. It put the Bengals in great field possession, and let the Bengals come back. If Ben doesn't go down there's no way that we come even remotely close to coming back.

Backup QBs rarely ever win in the playoffs. Just the past 10 years backup QBs have went 2-6 in the playoffs, and the only ones that won were Jeff Garcia in 2006, and T.J. Yates. For the Bengals to make it a close game with a backup QB says something, and should bring your grade up from a "C".

You have to consider the injuries each team faced. You can't say just because a team didn't have their starting QB for the playoffs they didn't have a good year. With Dalton on the field I honestly believe that the Bengals were the best team in the league. They were one of the best offensively, and defensively (which the defense played way better at the end of the year when Burfict started getting healthier).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals given a "C" Rating for 2015 Season - Brownshoe - 02-24-2016, 06:23 PM