Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Iloka's Tweet Indicates Where He Wants To Be
(02-24-2016, 09:29 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I hear you Shake and I even repped mcC for the 1 mil extra suggestion. You also have to remember that we (i really do hate saying "we") paid him a lot of money last year and through the 2 achilles tears as well.  Leon may kinda owe "us"  a home town discount, at least for a year. I know i know injuries happen..just give us a year.

I hear ya. Leon was massively overpaid last year, but that's our FO's fault, not Leon's. He could return the favor by taking less than market value, but I don't expect that to happen. Blame Mike Brown for stubbornly refusing to restructure bloated contracts. A few years ago, Hobs had an article that suggested the Bengals were following the Steelers' "model". Well, the Steelers restructure contracts more often than anyone. We're the polar opposite.

And fwiw, I have no problem saying "we" because the team represents my home city and all Bengals fans. Besides, it's much easier than saying "the Bengals" all the time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: George Iloka's Tweet Indicates Where He Wants To Be - Shake n Blake - 02-24-2016, 09:56 PM