Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-25-2016, 12:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So you seriously believe that if the ball had arrived later Burfict would not have been able to make any adjustments in order to make a play on the ball instead of hitting Brown?

Burfict could have done a lot of things other than dipping his shoulder to hit Brown.  

Not sure what you are asking there. If the ball was thrown later he would have broke later. If he was in man coverage and had better position he might not have been pursuing with such wreckless abandon. But that is not what the situation dictated. 

Ball was thrown he is going at the intended receiver. Do you want him jogging on over something. 

Burfict doesnt have elite athleticism. He isnt jumping 40 inches to tip that ball. He will take out legs which he does when TEs catch in front of him high. Or go for the midsection hit. He is what 260 265lbs? He isnt stopping on a dime or making 90 degree cuts when running full speed.

The one thing he could do other than dipping his shoulder would be to mentally over power his natural reflexes to brace for impact and protect his vital organs and take a helmet in the ribs. Or he could play defense how you want our guys to play defense. Less than 100%. 

Do you think unavoidable collisions happen on the football field?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - NATI BENGALS - 02-25-2016, 04:08 AM