Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-25-2016, 10:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read. You go low to avoid hitting other players in the head and giving them concussions. You can hit players low without going for their knees. All you have to do is hit them in the numbers or thighs. 

You people kill me. You act like this is some new revelation from the NFL that they are going to try and take high hits to the head out of the game, and rightfully so. You do realize that former players are literally dying and killing themselves because of CTE and brain damage, right? 

But hey, that's the NFL. Just one big ***** league. Who cares if the game is killing people. 

I think the issue is the league cares about some players/teams (Brown) safety and not others (Gio). Panthers fans are furious that Talib got away with what he did, but Bowlen is a league favorite and thus the safety of the Panther player wasn't a priority. When the league and refs becomes consistent and doesn't favor certain teams/players. Then we'd be all aboard the safety wagon. We just can't keep getting beat up by league favorites then turning on our players because they didn't turn the other cheek. We turned the other cheek for years and look what it got us. A beat down by Steelers players as they marched their way to championships. Until the league and refs prove consistency, players just have to fight fire with fire. Or get carted off and IR'd by the league favorites.

Everyone has a point about Burfict. But this happened against the Steelers. And that should be enough to make us rally. You think Steeler fans turned on Harrison anytime over the years, are angry with Shazier about the Gio hit? They'd never do that for us. Never turned on Kimo for his Palmer hit. Never turned on Mitchell for his head hunting. The idea that Cinci fans have sided with them over Burfict is just crazy to me. Disappointing, cause I know they wouldn't do that for us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - jj22 - 02-25-2016, 11:10 AM