Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-25-2016, 10:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read. You go low to avoid hitting other players in the head and giving them concussions. You can hit players low without going for their knees. All you have to do is hit them in the numbers or thighs. 

You people kill me. You act like this is some new revelation from the NFL that they are going to try and take high hits to the head out of the game, and rightfully so. You do realize that former players are literally dying and killing themselves because of CTE and brain damage, right? 

But hey, that's the NFL. Just one big ***** league. Who cares if the game is killing people. 

If the receiver bends over. Like Brown was and the defender is going right at them how do you avoid the head? Ive seen it more than once a blow to the head called when the defender is clearly going at the midsection but the receiver ducks. Kinda hard to adjust mid tackle for the defender

Burfict is saying keep singling him out fining him and suspending him and you leave him no option. Once he starts the process he cant change his target area. Instead of risking more suspensions and fines that target area will be lowered and people will hate him even more. And more seasons will be ended. But he wont be getting flags fines and suspensions. 

Just about every occupation has hazards. Not every occupation pays you millions. And nobody makes these guys do it. The information is everywhere now. A movie even came out about it. Yet we still have a whole new draft class pursuing a job in the NFL. I dont hear UFC and boxing taking head shots out of the sport. Who has a higher occupational risk people in the military getting paid bread crumbs and actually dying on the job or somebody getting paid hundreds of thousands to play a game small children play? Nobody made them do it. Nobody makes the fat lady who works at mcdonalds killing herself with fried food every day do it either. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - NATI BENGALS - 02-25-2016, 04:33 PM