Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Transgender Sports- A Tough Question
(02-25-2016, 10:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a tough question.

I can't imagine any serious male athlete claiming to be a woman just to win a game.  Generally high level athletes are driven so much by personal pride that they would not do anything like that.

If it does become a huge issue then I say create a seperate team for them so that they play on an equal level.
For money.
(02-25-2016, 11:07 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think the Olympics have addressed this by establishing a set time period that the person has to be doing horomone therapy in order to qualify. Could remember wrong though.

I doubt it becomes an issue.
Even so with hormones, does that make the body less-athletic?  Men's bodies have "men have 40–60 percent greater upper-body strength and 25–30 percent more lower-body strength,"  (that's according to this page, but it does note that it can be lessened with proper nutrition and exercise, but then couldn't the men be doing the same thing to keep the gap widened?), so it seems like they'd still have an advantage.
(02-25-2016, 12:05 PM)Vlad Wrote: I'm not sure anyone "suddenly" feels like a woman...unless that has been your experience then I stand corrected.
These players would have already been known to have this disorder before they would be allowed to play as girls, secondly, they would have to continue with their act after the tournament was over.
Your hypothesis is as looney as one by Fred. Notice Fred didn't see anything wrong with it. lol

What would stop them from saying they've felt that way all their lives but were afraid to come out?  Actually, that seems like a pretty common thing with homosexuals and transgender people.

Who's to say they'd have to continue the act after the tournament was over?  Why couldn't they just keep saying "I feel like a woman?"  Not all women wear dresses and things.  And who's to say they can't just wait a year or so and say "I feel like a man again"?  

Furthermore, the way protection laws are in this country, especially in matters as sensitive as this, I'm pretty sure that they couldn't look into it too much.  Only way it seems like it might not work is if they told someone that they were faking it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transgender Sports- A Tough Question - BFritz21 - 02-25-2016, 07:18 PM