Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-25-2016, 04:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Just about every occupation has hazards. Not every occupation pays you millions. And nobody makes these guys do it. The information is everywhere now. A movie even came out about it. Yet we still have a whole new draft class pursuing a job in the NFL. I dont hear UFC and boxing taking head shots out of the sport. Who has a higher occupational risk people in the military getting paid bread crumbs and actually dying on the job or somebody getting paid hundreds of thousands to play a game small children play? Nobody made them do it. Nobody makes the fat lady who works at mcdonalds killing herself with fried food every day do it either. 

No matter how much NFL players get paid it is insane to tell them they have to risk brain injuries that could be avoided.  No body forced coal miners to work in unhealthy conditions. but people didn't just say "Hey, it is dangerous work.  You just have to risk your health to be a coal miner."

Do you really go to football games to see head shots?  I that what the game is about for you?  Even without the head shots football is a massively-violent body breaking sport.  Does it really have to have the head shots for you to enjoy it?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - fredtoast - 02-25-2016, 07:22 PM