Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the NFL backfields (Bengals #6)
(06-19-2015, 11:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, you are. What's wrong with some homerism? I mean, it's not like he's being an irrational homer, claiming Eiffert is the greatest TE in the history of the NFL for example. 

Dude thinks our RBs are tops in the league. You claim they're top 5. That's a difference of 4 whole spots. So, why rain on his parade?

It's just obnoxious to see the team getting some love from analysts and the media and people have to immediately put the foot down on the gas as quickly as they can. There's being reasonable and there's being ridiculous. IMO, calling them the best backfield or best duo in the NFL right now is ridiculous, they haven't proven it yet but I do believe they can in the near future. You may disagree, but I'm still entitled to my very reasonable opinion that can be backed up with plenty of data.

Over the top homerism annoys me (and I believe saying they're #1 is definitely homerism). It annoys you that I'm bothered by people acting like extreme homers. Different things annoy different people, such is life.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the NFL backfields (Bengals #6) - djs7685 - 06-19-2015, 11:36 AM