Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the NFL backfields (Bengals #6)
(06-19-2015, 11:36 AM)djs7685 Wrote: It's just obnoxious to see the team getting some love from analysts and the media and people have to immediately put the foot down on the gas as quickly as they can. There's being reasonable and there's being ridiculous. IMO, calling them the best backfield or best duo in the NFL right now is ridiculous

While I may not agree that they're the best backfield, what's wrong with proclaiming they are when they're top 5-6? If someone wrote an article that claimed AJ was the 6th best WR, would you be just as upset if someone on here said they thought AJ was #1?

(06-19-2015, 11:36 AM)djs7685 Wrote:  You may disagree, but I'm still entitled to my very reasonable opinion that can be backed up with plenty of data.

You are most certainly entitled to that opinion whether it's backed up by data or not. Just as if someone thinks Hill and Gio are the top RB duo in the league is entitled to their opinion without you poo-pooing over it.

(06-19-2015, 11:36 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Over the top homerism annoys me (and I believe saying they're #1 is definitely homerism). It annoys you that I'm bothered by people acting like extreme homers. Different things annoy different people, such is life.

I agree saying they're #1 is homerism, but it's not over-the-top homerism is my point. Had this been a ranking of TEs and someone claimed ours was #1, I would have no problem with you trying to curtail their homerism. But, claiming a top 5 player(s)  (which you have admitted they are in your mind) to be #1 is NOT over-the-top homerism.

I'm not annoyed that you're bothered by people acting like extreme homers. I'm annoyed that you are bothered by ANY homerism.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the NFL backfields (Bengals #6) - PhilHos - 06-19-2015, 11:52 AM