Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Cap Carryovers Announced
(02-26-2016, 12:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We really don't have any money at all after $10 million for the "rookie pool", $20 million for signing our own, a $5 million "injury buffer" blah blah blah.

Don't worry though, we'll kick the tires on at least 5-6 crappy free agents who will come for a visit and promptly leave with no deal.

Sure it "works" if you're content with 5 straight playoff "appearances". Some of us just think their formula could be tweaked to work better. 

Maybe instead of stalling out at the same point every single year like we're stuck in the movie Groundhog's Day, we could actually spend a little more (just once) in an attempt to get over that hump. Maybe we should be looking at how New England and Denver approach things. How much money have they carried over every year? Are they signing higher quality free agents than us?

Hobson's cap articles are starting to become one of my favorite moments of the offseason.

Remember when we had around $30 million a couple of years ago, but he basically said that we only had around $7 million to spend in free agency? It seems that we're obsessed with making sure we have no chance of falling into any kind of cap hit. I appreciate that we have the lowest dead money hit of any team, but I'd gladly watch this team take some bigger cap hits if it translated into ANY postseason success.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Daddy-O - 02-26-2016, 10:35 AM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Daddy-O - 02-27-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Daddy-O - 02-27-2016, 12:04 PM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Bengal Dude - 02-26-2016, 05:41 PM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - J24 - 02-26-2016, 04:33 PM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Daddy-O - 02-27-2016, 11:58 AM