Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Cap Carryovers Announced
(02-26-2016, 05:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What you linked does nothing for your arguement. Ok so we have a lot of cap space for 2016. We also have a lot of free agents. And we havent even started spending yet. How about those studs on the other end of the spectrum. The Ravens dolphins and saints dont have shit to spend and didnt even make the playoffs. We are considered by many to have one of the best rosters in the league. And we also have a ton to spend. This isnt a bad thing. Ask any NFL GM if they would like to have one of the best rosters and have more money to spend than most of the other teams. Common sense. There is no spin on my end. 

They do their job. We had a loaded team that played their ass off. They didnt hurt Dalton or make Joey porter go on the field and the refs give our playoff win away. 

And like I said earlier. If they wanted to keep the money they wouldnt roll it over. They dont have to roll anything over. And if Iloka would have signed the extension we offered last year we wouldnt be rolling over nearly as much if any.

Simple shit here guys. At least complain about something that makes sense.

Daddy-O:
What don't you understand?  Spending money on non-productive players, just to be spending cap money, does not make you more successful.  You're assuming that by spending more money that you hit on the best players.  It's just doesn't equate to success like you indicate.  Denver is one of the rarities and it worked out really well for them with Demarcus Ware and Aquib Talib, but outside of Denver most free agents getting the big bucks don't pan out.  Using the the 49er's and Giants to prove a point unvalidates the point.  

The lack of playoff wins has nothing to do with unspent cap money, rather execution.  The fact that they (Bengals) are even in the playoffs consistently indicates they are successfully managing the business operations.  Playoff games are less than 10% of an NFL season.  If your consistent 90 plus percent of the time I'd say the formula works.  Unless you are a glass half empty person!

from 2011 till now...
All but one SB winner were ranked in the bottom 1/2 of unspent cap.

Only the 2014 Patriots (14th in cap space unspent out of 32) ranked in the top 1/2 of unspent cap. 
Two winners were ranked in the bottom 10 of unspent cap. 

Do you see the pattern here? Should be pretty simple to follow.

2011 - Bengals ranked 9th with the most cap UNSPENT - $30+mil
2012 - Bengals ranked 5th with the most cap UNSPENT - $4+ mil
2013 - Bengals ranked 9th with the most cap UNSPENT -  $7+ mil
2014 - Bengals ranked 6th with the most cap UNSPENT - $10+mil
2015 - Bengals ranked 15th (break through!!!) cap UNSPENT - $8+ mil

As others have pointed out correctly the rollover is to be spent the next year. 
The Bengals have never spent the total rollover over from the previous year...that means it was absorbed back into the profit line. 
SOP has been out spent by every SB winner since the new CBA has been in place. SOP has been outspent by every conference champion as well. Why lie to yourself...the ownership of the Bengals have not changed one bit. Cheap, bush league, mikeymouse outfit sill describes the Bengals ownership. Not the fans or the players but SOP for sure. 

I am sure the weak argument of "but the team that spent the most did not win the SB" will be offered. I could not care less about any other team than the Bengals. Give me an owner that overspends to try and win any day over our current BS ownership that is still searching for a freaking playoff win let alone a SB appearance!!!!

The fact is SOP has not given the team a fighting chance because he want to win on the CHEAP and it does not work.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Daddy-O - 02-26-2016, 10:35 AM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Rhinocero23 - 02-27-2016, 12:46 PM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Daddy-O - 02-27-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Daddy-O - 02-27-2016, 12:04 PM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - J24 - 02-26-2016, 04:33 PM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Daddy-O - 02-27-2016, 11:58 AM