Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Cap Carryovers Announced
(02-27-2016, 09:20 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Mike Brown didn't fumble away the sure playoff win over the Steelers, one of his well paid players did.

Agreed. Ordinarily I would be one of those whining about the Bengals being cheap, but.....if they put a team on the field the caliber of what they did last year, I don't care if Mike Brown puts 20 million in his pockets from money carried over...he earned it. Besides, who among us wouldn't keep the 7 million if they were the owner? Most years I can, but last year I cannot tell you where they could have spent any extra money that would have made a dime's worth of difference. Dennard went down, Dalton hurt, anyone really believe McCarron was going to take us all the way to the Super Bowl? Sure, we all hoped he would, and he was a darn fine backup, probably top tier in that department given his level of experience but c'mon man! OK, we're gonna whine, I say take the 7 million or whatever it was, add it to Marv's salary, and find a real coach somewhere. I don't know who, where to find him, etc. etc. but I still think that was the missing link someone who could harness all the vast talent we have and make them play like pros instead of college kids celebrating awesome plays in the dumbest of ways, running out the tunnel, onto the field in hero costumes. Someone who could get these young men to play like professionals, act like they've been there after making plays, not committing stupid penalties but if they do and the flag drops...shut up and go back to the huddle. The man could be a complete jerk, completely senile, or the nicest guy ever as long as he gets the job done....there's where the money needs to go,imo.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Daddy-O - 02-26-2016, 10:35 AM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Daddy-O - 02-27-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Daddy-O - 02-27-2016, 12:04 PM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Bengalsrob - 02-27-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - J24 - 02-26-2016, 04:33 PM
RE: NFL Cap Carryovers Announced - Daddy-O - 02-27-2016, 11:58 AM