Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahoo Journalism
So I came across this link on Yahoo.

http://www.popsugar.com/moms/Transfer-Laws-Preventing-Black-Boy-From-Enrolling-School-40343756

After reading the whole article you find that these laws also effect white kids as well.

This is what I am talking about.  This article is written and titled in a way to perpetuate the belief that blacks are being singled out.

If you tell someone over and over that they are being singled out, then that is what they will believe is the truth.

However as it says that the end of the article white kids are also affected by these laws as well.  I wonder how many of the white kids have been victims of this law, but never once thought about it due to being to the opposite... which is that you aren't oppressed, you aren't a victim.

I wouldn't say that we should just tell whites to look for victimhood status either.  Just that they should be aware that not every story about oppression of other races is true.  Black people should be on the lookout for obvious spin articles like this and pay them no mind.  The comment section of the article does give me hope that more people are actually catching this.  However there are still a few that want to hold onto false notions.

Should the law be changed?  That is up to the people of that state to decide.  However I don't see why it couldn't change. 

Messages In This Thread
Yahoo Journalism - Sovereign Nation - 02-28-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: Yahoo Journalism - BmorePat87 - 02-28-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: Yahoo Journalism - Sovereign Nation - 02-28-2016, 10:51 AM
RE: Yahoo Journalism - Benton - 02-28-2016, 07:53 PM
RE: Yahoo Journalism - Sovereign Nation - 02-29-2016, 05:46 AM
RE: Yahoo Journalism - StLucieBengal - 02-29-2016, 07:29 AM
RE: Yahoo Journalism - Sovereign Nation - 02-29-2016, 08:17 AM
RE: Yahoo Journalism - StLucieBengal - 02-29-2016, 10:51 AM