Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-28-2016, 12:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you honestly believe that if the ball had arrived later to Brown then it would have been IMPOSSIBLE for Burfict to make any adjustment to make a play on the ball?

If he had down that it would the you would have said he defied the laws of physics?

Because I see defenders making ajustmenst all the time when they are yards away froma receiver.  Guess they are all just wizards.

This is a strawman argument.  The ball did not arrive later.  So it is merely a hypothetical scenario.  The counter argument is regardless of the timing of the ball arriving, there is NO WAY that Burfict would have been able to make a play on the ball.  Antonio Brown is  a FAR better athlete than Burfict, and Brown barely got his hands on the ball.  Clearly you're not suggesting that Burfict at 260ish pounds, and his amazing 30 in vertical leap (before the knee surgery) is best off trying to make a play on the ball that he CLEARLY knows he has no chance reaching, than to make a play on the Antonio Brown are you?  

Sorry, but I doubt anyone else on the boards, nor any of the Bengals coaches, nor Vontaze Burfict would agree that he should be playing the ball on a high throw against pretty much any wide receiver in the league, outside the small gadget players like Baby Hawk, let alone against the player that has caught more passes over a 3 year span than any other player in the history of the NFL.  I trust Vontaze Burfict to understand his limitations as an athlete, and make the adjustments to his game to compensate for them.  

Since you wish to play the "WHAT IF" game with the ball arrive a bit later, let's also lower the pass by say 3 inches, and then let have Burfict make the play on the ball instead of Brown.  MOST LIKELY the  result would be Brown making the catch with the ball sailing 8 or so inches over Burficts outstreched hand.   Burfict making contact with CLEW, and Brown breaking free.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - Shepdawg - 02-28-2016, 01:15 PM