Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-28-2016, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You completely missed the point.  all I was saying was that since Burfict clearly saw that there was not going to be a catch he couls have doen somethingopthjer than dip his shoulder to take a shot at Brwon.  It is possible for NFL players to make body adjustments in the much space.  It is not like they just launch themselves from 5 yards away with no control over their bodies.  I see them do it all the time.

No, I didn't miss the point at all.  You're trying to twist the actual facts and create a straw man argument to fit your narrative.  If the ball was 3 inches lower, Brown likely makes that catch.  The pass did hit his hands.  I see wide receivers make amazing catches every single week.  Do you not see those as well?  Or do you only see the defensive players making great plays on the ball?   

I'm not even going to debate the initial distance of 5 yards being between Burfict and Brown.  But remind me again,  was Brown stationary during the play, and Burfict actually covered those 5 yards all by himself?  If indeed Brown was not stationary, remind again in which direction he was moving.  Was he moving towards Burfict as well?  I think thats what the video shows.  But you may have seen it differently.  But going only by what I think the video shows, it would seem Brown also covered about half of the initial distance himself as he was moving INTO the direction of Burfict.  If you see it differently, please explain what it is that you see. 

You keep saying Burfict could have done "something" to avoid the contact. Can you please say specifically what this "something" is that you think he could have done?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - Shepdawg - 02-28-2016, 01:40 PM