Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-29-2016, 12:11 AM)Gohards Wrote: I see where the confusion is. Vontaze Burfict was not only suspended 3 games for that hit, but for repeated violations.

Yea Burfict is the only one that hits people hard. What were the repeated violations this year? The hit on the Ravens TE looked like it was within 5 yards. Contact is legal. He wasnt by definition a defenseless receiver. Guys get creamed like that every play on special teams. Defenders knock receivers off their routes all the time. Since when is it supposed to be nice going accross the middle. The BS low hit on Rottenturdgurggler? Where Burfict stumbles and is pushed? Or the ticky tack barely a push flag.

He didnt do anything ruthless after the whistle this year. The ankle twist and ball tap was last year.

Even a freaking steeler said 

"By rule as they told me when I went down to New York that is a penalty. Personally, I don't think it is because I don't think you can get out of the way fast enough," Harrison said 

A three game ban for incidental contact is the horse shit part about it. 

He got death threats. Eye gouges. Spaeth intentionally trying to take out his knee. Mauled and driven into the turf well after the whistle. And a supposed bounty put on his head. Yet he is the one who gets an unprecedented suspension after unavoidable contact. 

It is a penalty. It is not reason to slap a guy with the longest suspension ever for playing football hard. 

OBJ got a 1 game ban and he was clearly trying to injure a guy and got multiple personal fouls in the same game. You or I would have caught asault charges for what he did. He may not have the history of Burfict. But he had clear malicious intent. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - NATI BENGALS - 02-29-2016, 12:41 AM