Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Hillary Getting Desperate?
(02-28-2016, 10:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pretty sure you know some of them.

Obamacare.  Was it even necessary for me to point that one out or was it just assumed that you meant "besides for Obamacare"?

The ones that were supposed to cut the deficit in half, but instead increased it by 7 trillion or so.

His housing policies failing to prevent foreclosures, which is something he promised.

His policies that were supposed to make college cheaper but it's strangely at an all-time high in terms of costs.

I remember in 08, one of the many things he promised was to fix the energy crisis, but he himself admitted he failed at it.

I will gladly address these issues at another time, but for right now I was only interested in your claims of Obama "kissing other countries ass" and "making sure no one succeeds too much".  Since none of these apply I'll move on to.  .  .  

(02-28-2016, 10:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: United States hasn't done it.  Obama has.  He taxed the wealthy a lot heavier than he did the poor.  He tried to make it equal for everyone in terms of going to college and tried to make it so the people who work their asses off in school to get scholarships and things are treated pretty much the same as people who just were going to go on the government ticket.  Things like college are a privilege and should be worked hard to attain, not given.  My father's family was piss-poor and he worked his ass off to go to college on an academic scholarship and built a great life for himself and for my family.  Why are people entitled to go to college just because "everyone deserves a fair chance"?  Everyone has a fair chance, but it's up to them to take advantage if it.

1.  Obama has not raised taxes on anyone.  In 2012 people making over half-a-million a year saw a 5% increase only on the amount they earned in excess of half a million, but that was the work of the Republican controlled congress.  And I still don't see that as limiting how much a person can succeed.

2.  Helping the disadvantaged also is not a limit on how much other people can succeed.  In fact by helping the disadvantaged get a better education it is actually helping the elite by providing them with an educated work force and a consumer base capable of buying their goods and services.  Half of the people in this country are of below average intellect.  Not everyone is capable of winning academic scholarships.  I don't think that means they should be just cast aside and relegated to poverty.  Educating the general population helps the entire country.

I was lucky enough to be one of those people born with a good brain.  I also qualified for academic scholarships.  But I was never so afraid of the people below me that I considered assitance given to them as a threat to my success.

(02-28-2016, 10:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Destroying the middle class. 

Not sure what you are trying to say here, but during the Obama administration the middle class has seen the value of their homes rise dramatically and their stock market saving accounts double in value.

Maybe iof you could give me a few more details I can give a more detailed response.

(02-28-2016, 10:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Here's 10 examples of Obama apologizing, mostly to other countries, for us being the superpower of the world, which it's evident that we no longer are.

1.  Everyone with a brain knows we are still the superpower of the world.  Our GDP is still way over double the next country on Earth (China).  Our economy drives the entire worlds economy.  We still control almost 40% of all the military spending on earth.  Our military presence acts as security for international trade all around the globe.

2.  Apologizing is part of a thing called "diplomacy".  That is a thing civilized people use to shape foreign policy instead of just threats to "BOMB 'EM BACK TO THE STONE AGE!" 

Now if Obama had went to these countries grovelling and begging for something then I would agree with you that these apologies could be seen as "kissing ass".  But Obama was not begging or asking for anything.  All he was trying to do was re-establish diplomatic ties.  He was not apologizing from a position of weakness or because he was forced to.  Instead he was doing what real men do.  He was admitting mistakes had been made and owning up to them.   

Clearly something you will never understand.

Messages In This Thread
Is Hillary Getting Desperate? - BFritz21 - 02-25-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: Is Hillary Getting Desperate? - GMDino - 02-26-2016, 08:18 AM
RE: Is Hillary Getting Desperate? - GMDino - 02-27-2016, 11:03 AM
RE: Is Hillary Getting Desperate? - GMDino - 02-28-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: Is Hillary Getting Desperate? - Benton - 02-29-2016, 12:44 AM
RE: Is Hillary Getting Desperate? - GMDino - 02-29-2016, 08:39 AM
RE: Is Hillary Getting Desperate? - Benton - 02-27-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Is Hillary Getting Desperate? - CKwi88 - 02-27-2016, 10:26 AM
RE: Is Hillary Getting Desperate? - McC - 02-26-2016, 11:41 AM
RE: Is Hillary Getting Desperate? - Benton - 02-26-2016, 12:04 PM
RE: Is Hillary Getting Desperate? - Vlad - 02-27-2016, 01:53 PM