Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking down the Bengals cap situation
(03-04-2016, 09:33 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm fairly certain this is not the reason seeing as how the NFL is making money hand over fist. Don't owners make just slightly less money per year than that year's salary cap? (Since it's a 50-50 split, but the owners have to pay coaches, refs, and staff from their side.) Conservative guess of $130m/yr of profit per owner.

If the team still can't afford to run their team (still don't buy that as the reason), then it needs to be sold to someone who can. Plain and simple.

I seriously doubt Mike Brown is taking home $130M a year. My guess is that there have been years in the past where he's taken home less than his top players. I remember one year where he took out a personal loan so the team could pay the signing bonus for a player. If I remember correctly it was for Carl Pickens, but it could have been someone else.

Now the team is in better financial condition than it was when Mike Brown were deciding the draft picks [thank God], but it's still one of the lower income teams. Not as bad as say Jacksonville, which appears to be on life support until it can be sold and moved to London.

Not each team took in $310M ($155M x 2). That's the average and the Bengals income is certainly lower than that. And from that comes a massive insurance payment, fees to the league, marketing costs, facilities costs, uniforms, travel, hotels, meals, equipment, etc, etc, etc. The list of expenses is a lot longer than most might imagine and those costs have only gone up and up some more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking down the Bengals cap situation - BengalChris - 03-04-2016, 11:16 AM