Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking down the Bengals cap situation
(03-04-2016, 12:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every year we also see teams have to cut veteran starters because they are over the cap.  

I have not seen anyone show that the bengals actually spend that much less than all other teams.

Has anyone actually posted that number yet are have you all been to busy patting yourselves on the back for "knowing" that the Bengals are the cheapest team in the league.

The claim that the Bengals just develop players and let them walk away is not true.  We have lost a total of 4 decent players to free agency over the last 15 years (Justin Smith, Eric Steainbach, Johnathan Joseph, and Michael Johnson).  Some people might add Houshmandzadeh, but we did give him a second contract and he did not leave until he was 32.

Meanwhile we have stepped up and paid top dollar to keep many veteran starters like Palmer, Ochcocinco, Rudi, TJ, Willie Anderson, Levi Jones, Bobbie Williams, Rich Braham, Robert Geathers, Cedric Benson, Whitworth, Peko, Reggie Nelson, Dunlap, Atkins, Leon Hall, Dalton, Boling, Maualuga, and others.

Like most people here I would like to see the bengals step up and sign at least one upper tier free agent to help put us over the top, but that does not mean I have to act like they don't spend money to keep their best players here.

I honestly don't know if the Bengals spend less money than all the other teams, but I would like to see the numbers instead of just all this squealing about the Bengals are the cheapest team in the league.  And I am not talking about handing out big "play money" contracts that never get paid.  I am talking about how much money they are actually spending on salary each year.

Fair enough. I honestly don't know either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking down the Bengals cap situation - jj22 - 03-04-2016, 01:00 PM