Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking down the Bengals cap situation
(03-04-2016, 01:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think that is pretty much everyone's wish.  The Bengals trot out these numbers annually through Hobson.  But, we never see the numbers at the end of the year.  Basically, we're all just making educated guesses.  The rookie pool for example.  It's $7M subtracted from the $36M leaves us only $29M.  That's not true.  Every rookie that makes the team his cap space hit is mitigated by a veteran's salary falling off the books.  $29M - $5M injury pool = $24M.  Bullshit.

Let's assume Hobson's annual salary cap report is true.  Is the Bengals front office unaware at the fan's frustration or they don't care?  Because if what Hobson, and now Jim, reports is true and they are aware of our frustration then just be totally transparent with the fans.  Give an end of year salary cap summary.  Show how each one of those pools were spent to come up with the final cap number.  (Showing their accounting for the salary cap is different than their financial records which I understand why they don't want to release those and I'm not asking for those.)  Basically, I want the front office to prove to me they are telling the truth.  Because right now it seems like they are blowing the same smoke up my ass they do every year.  

The Bengals and the league keep track of it.  The Bengals could attach a PDF file on their website for those interested to look at because I'm much more likely to believe their speculation with some objective data to analyze.  Some fans aren't interested, but around here we're just the type of crazy ***** who are interested and want to know.

From everything I have ever read, the rest of the league hates the fact that the Packers are publicly owned and have to file annual reports.  These reports give a look into what the average team takes in, their profit, etc.  The NFL would like to keep it all private, so no way does another team start making these figures public.  It would be nice though!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking down the Bengals cap situation - OrlandoBengal - 03-04-2016, 01:31 PM