Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking down the Bengals cap situation
(03-04-2016, 01:31 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: From everything I have ever read, the rest of the league hates the fact that the Packers are publicly owned and have to file annual reports.  These reports give a look into what the average team takes in, their profit, etc.  The NFL would like to keep it all private, so no way does another team start making these figures public.  It would be nice though!

I'm with you.  I understand why Jerry Jones and Mike Brown don't want to release their profit/loss financial records.

The salary cap is different.  It is the same for all teams.  The teams are required to spend it.  If they don't meet the minimum cash payouts they have to give the shortfall to the NFLPA to give out to the players.  The teams know roughly how much other teams have in salary cap space so it isn't a competitive advantage to treat it like it is top secret information.  As far as the Bengals are concerned, I think from a PR perspective it would only be a good thing to keep their fans more informed so we understand they are telling the truth, if in fact they are telling us the truth.  I've followed this team closely enough for many, many years and I don't believe Hobson's speculation.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking down the Bengals cap situation - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-04-2016, 01:58 PM