Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What does a successful government look like?
(03-05-2016, 08:51 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, I started thinking about this because of a meme in the meme thread about the success of liberal policies. When I read it and it had Europe as a failure I thought "well, we are 12th on this one quality of life index with 11 more liberal European countries ahead of us, that doesn't seem like a failure." So I started to ponder what others might consider to be a successful government and figured I would ask. I can get into more detail later on my thoughts, about to head out for a bit. But what are your thoughts? What does a successful government look like? I think it is an important discussion as we talk about policies in this upcoming election.

At this point, I would like to see our politicians work together for the good of the citizens they represent instead of a constant cycle of partisan politics whose goal is re-election, gaing a majority in both houses of Congress, and the Oval Office.  I like our government in principle, but it's the dickheads running it that are a major problem.  I don't think any reasonable person would want to be a politician in this political environment.  I think one has to be touched in the head to want the job.  Look at the current crop of Presidential candidates.  They're worse than the cast of Jersey Shore.  It's not just the politicians fault because we have become a populace that consumes Jersey Shore.  The same people who are pissed off for participation awards and the 'everyone gets a trophy' mentality are the same ones that get pissed off if you don't accept American exceptionalism without evidence.  But, I've been to countries which are so much worse.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What does a successful government look like? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-05-2016, 12:33 PM