Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking down the Bengals cap situation
(03-04-2016, 11:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Bengals regular season receiving stats for 2015
AJ Green 86 catches for 1,297 yards averaging 15.1 yards per and 10 TDs with 1 FUM
Marvin Jones 65 catches for 816 yards averaging 12.6 yards per and 4 TDs with 0 FUM
Tyler Eifert 52 catches for 615 yards averaging 11.8 yards per and 13 TDs with 0 FUM
Gio Bernard 49 catches for 472 yards averaging 9.6 yards per and 0 TDs with  1 FUM
Mo Sanu 33 catches for 394 yards averaging 11.9 yards per and 0 TDs with 1 FUM

I believe Marvin Jones was the #2 receiving option except in the red zone where Eifert got more looks.

You are correct. Marvin Jones was the #2 option.

The Bengals have enough money to extend Marvin Jones.
I think that the Bengals SHOULD extend Marvin Jones.

I don't know what Marvin Jones feels his ($) value is, but it is far from the AJ Green value ($15 million per).

If Marvin Jones wants $7 million per, then the Bengals should re-sign him.
If Marvin Jones wants $10 million per, then I don't know if there is wisdom in re-signing him.

Is Marvin Jones as good (valued) as Randall Cobb? $10 million per? I don't think so.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/randall-cobb/

Per game, Marvin Jones averaged 4 targets, 51 yards, 12.6 ypc, 1/4 TDs, & 2 First Downs.

This in a year that the Bengals deliberately (and successfully) started not forcing the ball to AJ Green and with a very sub-par rushing attack.

I like Marvin Jones and extending him would really open up the draft. But, I just don't know how great he is.

Discussing Sanu is just more of the same logic above. Sanu is probably equitable to the Andrew Hawkins contract ($3.4 per), though Hawkins wasn't worth what the Browns paid him.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/andrew-hawkins/
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking down the Bengals cap situation - Bengalfan11164 - 03-05-2016, 01:37 PM