Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What does a successful government look like?
(03-05-2016, 04:00 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Interesting that you bring this up.  Everyone loves to talk about Europe as a positive step toward the liberal utopia....but if you take a step back the EU operates closer to what was envisioned by the founding fathers than what we have in the US today.

The EU is basically a loose economic federation of independent states, many of which are comparable in diversity and population to many US states.

With the rise of the career politician, we have an explosion in the size of government?  Gee, I wonder if that might be related.

this is why the EU is failing. They are trying to do this but still be total seperate countries. The Germans make a decent point of becoming An EU nation and having their own army. But that requires each nation giving up their individualism. Which is what the goal was I believe. I just don't see the people allowing that now.

Heck the Brits did a poll about a week ago on Vote in or out and lime 89% choose vote out of the EU.

That's with Cameron stumping hard to stay.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What does a successful government look like? - StLucieBengal - 03-05-2016, 04:53 PM