Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Expect Both Nelson and Iloka to be back.
(03-06-2016, 05:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While I am most definitely an OSU fan, I am completely on board with your opinion of taking Bell with the 24 pick.  While he is a dynamic, masterful athlete in coverage, he offers buffkis in run support and open field tackling ability.  The LB corps at OSU atoned for much of Bell's inability to defend the run, or not get his ankles broken in open space.

And truthfully, other than the guy from Fla. St., who is the 3rd overall prospect, I don't see any of the Safety prospects worth taking in the 1st round.  As when I read their scouting reports, I see things on each of them that will take some developmental time to bring them to starter quality.

Yeah, thats what i'm talkin about Sunset.

Great post, you know OSU very well.

We need physical Safeties and Bell is not one.

I think we will bring back Reggie and we will have Shawn to take Iloka's spot, not bad, but not an upgrade either. Mellow

Derron Smith for the future and a late round pick is my vote. Take care of the trenches and help these guys out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't Expect Both Nelson and Iloka to be back. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-06-2016, 10:20 PM