Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson fed up with Bungles image.....
(06-20-2015, 12:38 AM)J24 Wrote: Yeah 4 years after he left what an immediate turn around!
Let me ask you a couple of questions about the 88 team if I may . IF Billups intercepts that pass in 88 what would that team be remembered as? He'll what would Wyche be remembered as if Krumie didn't get hurt or Stanley Wilson didn't like Crack? Is it fair to say we would have won a super bowl title in 88 if those things were to have happened right? So why are those examples ok to use but not the example I just made? The dirty little secret about professional sports is this coaching is vastly overrated because it is a players game. If you want to win games in any pro league your players better make plays unfortunately our guys haven't. You can blame Marvin all you want but the fact remains he didn't drop a pick six, he didn't fumble  the ball at the one yard line, he didn't drop a ball inside the 10 yard line, and he didn't  overthrow a guy for an easy touchdown.

I don't recall talking about an immediate turnaround, just getting that ultimate prize.....but I digress....

Super Bowl XXIII came down to the wire.  The more talented team won.  I don't believe in excuses, we just got beat.  If Boomer hadn't hurt his shoulder, if the running game would have been just a touch better....if, if, if.  The truth is, innovative coaching and a timely kick return is what kept us in that Super Bowl.  

By contrast, we have had our ass handed to us in the second half of every single playoff debacle under Marvin (people forget we were actually leading under Kitna in '05 at the half).  What does that speak to?  Poor halftime adjustments, a hallmark of substandard coaching.

Comparing one of the most entertaining Super Bowls in NFL history to these playoff embarrassments is really, really laughable.  Sorry, it just is.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hue Jackson fed up with Bungles image..... - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-20-2015, 10:53 AM