Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf's Post Combine Mock Draft
The best complement I could give is I may not post one after this mock, it's mint. Lots of talent if the dominoes all fall into place. Billings is the high end NT type we've wanted beside Geno. Solid point on his weaknesses, they're coachable for the most part. Work with this kid for a year on keeping his balance in exploding into gaps and it's going to be tough for opposing lines to defend Cincy's 4 man line.

I'm alike in the reasoning for the 2nd pick. Sure, I'd like to retain Marvin and bring along a mid round guy, but Jones is getting a big payday somewhere. If Sanu wants say 4.5-5M he can take his continuity and intangibles somewhere else. The money is better spent keeping some of the key DB's instead. I was hoping one of the fringe 1sts would drop, but I'd be okay with Boyd. The main draw is him producing fearlessly in a crappy situation. Scouts will have to be sure he can handle himself in breaking off the line to get open, if he projects as average in this sense than his hands and body control make him worth this pick. I'd be open to other WR targets depending on how they line up after visits though.

I see Jones in a lot of mocks at this spot, and he makes too much sense. They could use a descent coverage WLB like him, especially the way the game is being played. You'd get a lot of value out of him in a rotation and on ST early on so he doesn't burn out. I don't know if Glasgow will be there in the 4th, but I'd snatch him up quick. It would take a run on other positions, magnifying his red flags and seeing him as a jack of all trades but master of none. Truth is, he has too much consistency and versatility to pass on. Perfect fit for a team with a questionable center and RG that may leave for a big pay day next year. I don't know much about Ochi, but any sort of pass rusher you could let play for a back end rotation spot or redshirt year to stack is a good use of a 5th. I could see Lucas being gone, teams with extra picks could see his high end upside as a ballhawk worth waiting for. Addison looks like a CFA to date, I'm thinking there is more value elsewhere but we're splitting hairs at this point if my lone real qualm is a 7th rounder that may stick as a return man anyway. Fabulous scenario if it happens, solid write up too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wolf's Post Combine Mock Draft - J24 - 03-08-2016, 03:52 AM
RE: Wolf's Post Combine Mock Draft - phil413 - 03-08-2016, 04:17 AM