Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Getting Everyone Lined Up"
(06-20-2015, 12:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well this is kinda my point. What year is Andy finally the 'leader of the franchise'?

If he isn't at year 5 then he never will be IMO.

Just thought he would have a firm grasp on his leadership over the team at this point Smirk  and that we wouldn't have to discuss him trying in year 5 to be a leader.

But that comes with the playoff futility I suppose.

Besides, this entire thread wasn't about the effectiveness of the offense or the viability of coordinators or anything like that.

I guess my issue is if we call a play in the huddle, the guys line up in their spots, so who does Andy have to inform on where to go?

Why does Andy have to "get guys in the right spots"? Shouldn't they already know where the right spot is?

If Andy has to put a guy in motion or tweak something then great, but they make it sound like he has to tell AJ, "HEY THIS PLAY YOU GO ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE FIELD OK DUMMY."

I'm probably just confused by what the coaches really mean by the phrase.

I would say that every single week in the NFL you will see multiple times that QBs will have to redirect players to the proper position on the field. Heck look how many times you will see receivers missing the fact that they are covering the end of the line or not covering the end of the line. Resulting in penalties.

I do not think there is any question at all that Andy is the leader of the team and this has been acknowledged by the players. However, this does not mean that he cannot continue to become a better leader.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Getting Everyone Lined Up" - OSUfan - 06-19-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: "Getting Everyone Lined Up" - OSUfan - 06-20-2015, 12:03 PM
RE: "Getting Everyone Lined Up" - OSUfan - 06-20-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: "Getting Everyone Lined Up" - OSUfan - 06-21-2015, 08:14 AM
RE: "Getting Everyone Lined Up" - OSUfan - 06-21-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: "Getting Everyone Lined Up" - rfaulk34 - 06-23-2015, 01:59 AM