Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson fed up with Bungles image.....
(06-20-2015, 01:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The bigger question is MJ an upgrade over Geathers?

He took his roster spot so I see a huge upgrade over Geathers which should help our defense get better in 2015

Agree completely.   I know Thornton is Johnson's agent, but he is still a pretty knowledgeable guy.   He said the problems the Bengals line had in 2014 were: 1) Geno was not himself    2) The rotation was diminished by that and our aging D-linemen (he specifically referenced Geathers I believe) and  3) The lack of defensive ends who could reliably and effectively set the edge - which he said is one of the primary strengths that MJ brings to the table.

I think he was a logical and very solid move in free agency.  I think that combined with the addition of Sims to the rotation will make a considerable impact on our ability to stop the run and rush the passer.

My only regret was not adding a top notch run stopping, pocket collapsing player to the mix.  I'm hoping that Sims and/ or  Thompson step to the plate.   But I would have been happier if we had picked up someone like Knighton or drafted Goldman.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hue Jackson fed up with Bungles image..... - 3wt - 06-20-2015, 03:16 PM