Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about "reporting" posts
(03-09-2016, 04:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Did you get a reasonable resolution?

The definition of what is "blatantly racist", for example, has also been debated.  

I tend to see an evenhandedness with the bans, but I also miss a few and don't even know they are gone until they come back.  So I don't know if their behavior changed or not.

So I often approach posts that I find to be too far in one of three ways: ignore it and move on with life, report the post, or tell the person that made the post in a PM that they ought to reconsider their words. What I see as a reasonable resolution is the post removed or edited. If they are being intentionally belligerent, especially repeatedly, then I could see suspending/banning, but I would rather just see the post changed or removed and everyone moves on. Either way, every time I have said something here or on the old board the moderator has taken action. I don't think any of my reports have resulted in a "timeout", though.

(03-09-2016, 04:42 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: never done it, never would. either don't care enough or am 100x more juvenile than matt, take the bait and fire back. neither of those are the right way to go about things, but its the truth.

Oh, sometimes I fire back. Trying not to these days, and honestly the level of the discourse around here as of late has made me not want to post much at all, to be completely honest.

(03-09-2016, 04:46 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't report anyone and I hardly give out Rep as well so, if you get Rep from me, it's something I really REALLY agree with.

I'm not one that's very free with the rep, either. It's funny, some days I will get in a mood to give some out, usually it is some rep reciprocity that starts the ball rolling. But usually I'm pretty stingy with the rep points.

Messages In This Thread
Question about "reporting" posts - GMDino - 03-09-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Question about "reporting" posts - Belsnickel - 03-09-2016, 05:06 PM