Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals offered Marvin Jones same amount as Detroit -(he left anyways)
(03-10-2016, 10:01 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The more I hear about Marvin Jones, the more I dont like the guy.

I understand wanting to be one of two guys rather than 1 of 4.   Every good player wants the ball, and I'm not sure they utilized him in a way to make him feel significant enough here.

I'm pleased with the fact the Bengals offered him significant money.   I'm not sure there is a point to niggling what specifically they did not offer and doubt seriously there is any dishonesty more than spinning the team's effort.

I think Jones will learn what TJ found out in Seattle, and I'm very disappointed we could not have eliminated that need going into the draft.  The idea of compensating with the receiver from Oakland seems patently ridiculous.  We'll have to spend a 1st or 2nd now - and probably another pick to reload the position.

This was the year we might have put the team over the top in terms of personnel, and I will be surprised if we can do that now.   Just keeps us kind of at status quo or less for 2016.   Could be wrong, but the odds were favorable.

It will be hard to get the center, DT, coverage backer and decent edge rusher we needed to complete this team.

I will be eager to see how we end up drafting.   But at this point I certainly don't blame the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals offered Marvin Jones same amount as Detroit -(he left anyways) - 3wt - 03-10-2016, 12:19 PM