Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bern it up with Sanders or burn it down with Trump
(03-10-2016, 11:51 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It doesn't really matter who wins, in order for the US infrastructure to get paid for, we're going to have to raise taxes somewhere.
Raising it on the top annual earners for a few years would be the best way to procure that money. (as I said, it doesn't have to be permanent). 

I'd be all for pulling some of it, if not all of it from our Defense Budget, but that's not going to go over very well with Repubs.

How nice it would be to spend some of that 40 billion we send annually to other countries on fixing up our own infrastructure?

SNAP can be addressed just like it was in Massachusetts, all single able bodied people on it, need to get out and do something weekly in the community. No more just sitting around and collecting your benefits.

I know you place a high value on Education, so do I. There are other countries out there that offer free college education to all of their Citizens. I think we can make it work. Not a big fan of the way Bern wants to do it, but it needs to be done. Hillary keeps telling everyone that she'll help them, sliding scale etc, and when they are done, they will be debt free.. Not sure exactly how she plans to get people to pay and come out debt free. 

Healthcare. The biggest reason for rising costs is .... administrative fees. Remove that by going to Medicare for all USC's, irregardless of income. Transfer the money that you would've been paying for premiums into a tax rate. Make it consistent with all income. No exceptions/exemptions. Bern estimates 6.2% of everyone's annual income. That number is very doable. I already pay more than that in premiums, co-pays and oop expenses. 

REP ++++
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bern it up with Sanders or burn it down with Trump - Vas Deferens - 03-10-2016, 01:17 PM