Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lets Face It, Losing Jones and Sanu Hurts
(03-11-2016, 08:57 AM)kevin Wrote: The comments that these were 3rd round and 5th round WRs is silly, because where they were drafted doesn't matter.  Some 1st round picks in NFL history were lousy and huge busts and a Joe Montana not a top pick has a hand full of Super Bowl rings.  So just forget where they were drafted and accept that we just lost our # 2 and # 3 WRs, which is a huge loss.  The Bengals really tried to keep Jones and the Bengals did not want to lose both of them.....To talk about where they were drafted is silly.  What other teams paid them is not important, except it shows other teams could care less where they were drafted. .....What is important is that Bengals have lost their # 2 and # 3 WRs, and that's all that matters. Bengals can not just put RBs and FBs in there as some mentioned. Bengals must go out now and get some top WR talent to fill the void, because right now Bengals don't have enough WR talent to field a competitive team.  .......Green and Eifert give us a top WR and a top TE, but that is pee wee football formation stuff. We will need more than a WR and a TE.   These top WRs we just lost must be replaced in F/A or the draft with top talent, not cheap fill in talent. If they don't, NFL defenses will be all over Green and Eifert not letting them get open, and everybody will be wondering why Dalton is having such a bad season. This isn't rocket science and our needs at other positions now falls way behind our needs at WR.  Our QBs must have these WRs replaced with top talent for our QBs to win ball games.
Without going into all of this;yes,it is a set back losing Jones but let's also remember that other than the one double digit TD year he basically played up to two rds better than his draft position. Sanu played two rds less than his draft position with a serious case of the drops.
Jones could have stayed and chose to leave. The money was close enough. Me personally, I am a Bengals fan not a Lions fan. I'm excited for new blood. He gone! 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets Face It, Losing Jones and Sanu Hurts - coachmcneil71 - 03-11-2016, 12:23 PM