Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bern it up with Sanders or burn it down with Trump
(03-11-2016, 02:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Who said we can't have stipulations/regulations in place and place more emphasis on certain fields and only paying for certain publicly funded colleges?

My plan and Bern's plan are different. I think most of you don't even like my plan lol

For starters, we need to break it down at the beginning. Longer School days and quit focusing so much time on teaching kids how to take a test. We need to be teaching them the basics and ramp it up as they progress in grade levels, also make some common sense classes mandatory such as how to cook basic foods, maintain a budget, teach them how to use basic tools, and I'm sure there's more we could add to it. 

I like all of this. And the "common sense" classes are something I and a few others (Lucie I know) have advocated in the past. They aren't taught in schools and unfortunately they aren't taught at home any more either.

To the bold, I don't think I've ever posted it, but that's something I'd like to see. As an employer, it's hard to balance employee child care when several of my employees need to leave at 3 p.m. In our area, work days are typically 7-5 p.m. I'd like to see schools something closer to that, at least 8-4 p.m.

Quote:In the last week of High School, take a comprehensive test that will help determine what you like and what you are good at, to help give you a career guide path. Then after HS is done, and you have graduated, shortly there after I want all kids to spend at least 2 years in the military, no exceptions. The idea of putting them into the military is to help them learn discipline (if they don't already have it) and teach them to respect guns and each other and get them in good physical shape.

Once done with their 2 years, they can either opt to stay in for longer or opt to get on with a civilian life. Take a test again and see what your career path could be. Of course not everyone will want to go to college, but for those that do, at least they are a couple years older and would have a better idea of what they might want to do. Emphasis on degrees will be based on which fields are needed in the market or projected to be understaffed. IE: Nursing, Systems Technology. And not all fields require a degree, some require certification and that would be a path they could go down as well. People that wish to go to a private school, will pay the difference between the cost of going to a public school vs private school.

Just a thought. Feel free to add/change things that you don't like.

I'm not big on mandatory military. But something similar to some kind of civilian corps wouldn't be out of the question. How much it would cost to operate versus how much it would help taxpayers, dunno. But it's an interesting idea.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bern it up with Sanders or burn it down with Trump - Benton - 03-11-2016, 03:02 PM