Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bern it up with Sanders or burn it down with Trump
(03-11-2016, 03:02 PM)Benton Wrote: I like all of this. And the "common sense" classes are something I and a few others (Lucie I know) have advocated in the past. They aren't taught in schools and unfortunately they aren't taught at home any more either.

To the bold, I don't think I've ever posted it, but that's something I'd like to see. As an employer, it's hard to balance employee child care when several of my employees need to leave at 3 p.m. In our area, work days are typically 7-5 p.m. I'd like to see schools something closer to that, at least 8-4 p.m.

I'm not big on mandatory military. But something similar to some kind of civilian corps wouldn't be out of the question. How much it would cost to operate versus how much it would help taxpayers, dunno. But it's an interesting idea.

That wasn't exactly my goal with longer hours, I just wanted the teachers to have more time with the kids, the only other option was to cut back on summer vacation time, but I didn't want to do that if possible. I would also rather it be of a more college type of setting. When I went to school, we had 6 classes that you went to. Time is wasted by switching classes and setting up in the new one, etc. Just stop that stuff, have the classes 2-4 hours long depending on the topic, this would also give the teacher a chance to really teach it and the students time to absorb it better.

I'm not huge on Mandatory Military either, but it's a nice counter balance to giving everyone a free education and it would help instill pride in the kids and in our country along with giving them a chance to mature and feel like they can be somebody. Kids coming from poorer areas always feel trapped in a sense, at least this is a way to pull them out of their bad situations and get the bad influences away from them so that they can learn to make their own decisions. I know it's kinda corny sounding, but you'd be amazed how many lives will get changed from something as simple as this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bern it up with Sanders or burn it down with Trump - Mike M (the other one) - 03-11-2016, 03:56 PM