Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bern it up with Sanders or burn it down with Trump
(03-09-2016, 04:27 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't know if it's a "burn it down" but I think a lot of people are just tired of the same shit. The majority of the GOP ticket are career politicians who are going to try to spend more and tax the rich less. Doesn't work.  Clinton is like most of the career politicians who are going to try to spend more and tax the poor less. Doesn't work.

Bernie and Trump offer two very different approaches. Trump, largely, is just advocating a lot of the already hashed out GOP platform — bomb people, blame illegals for all the problems, complain about taxes — but he doesn't have the same track record of doing absolutely nothing to help like the other candidates on his ticket. Bernie is voicing something different than his party and has a record to back it up, but we've become conditioned to fear old white guys.

Bernie is the definition of a career politician, just not an established democrat. 

As to the OP, I know a lot of republicans who will not vote for Trump. (Personally if it comes down to Trump vs Hilldog I'm going 3rd party) I'd hope there are some Bernie supporters who wouldn't support Hillary. Though from what I've seen they will most likely cave and vote for her no matter who the republican nomination is. They've bought in to the "all republicans are the spawn of satan" line of thinking. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bern it up with Sanders or burn it down with Trump - Aquapod770 - 03-11-2016, 05:16 PM