Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Study on Political Party Zombies
(03-12-2016, 10:49 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I thought it was pretty cool, and along the lines of what I have been saying for quite some time. I do agree that people have their heads so far up their asses, that facts do not matter any more. And that goes for both sides. I like to think Clinton and Reagan did good things and bad things. This country has become "What is my side saying?" and following what they think the status quo is. Pathetic really. 

I think the media should share a big part of the blame for what they put out there. The liberals think their news is right, and the conservatives are just as bad in that respect. I don't really read news stories much anymore. I do watch Real Time with Bill Maher, but because he gets good guests from both parties. It is a lot easier to listen to a person's ideas than to read them.

Political parties were supposed to make voters more knowledgeable. You know a guy belonging to this party supports x, y, z. Except it turned into blind loyalty and cheerleading as if the paris are sport teams. The parties hardly hardly different, let alone opposites. The media pits them as opposites and the parties love it because people thing there are only two sides that represent the entirety of every issue.

I never really watch Maher. I agree with him a lot and I l8ke how he has guests of all sides, but just don't like him for some reason. John Oliver is real biased, but he covers topics the mainstream media never touch. He used to anyways, I think the amount of great episodes he puts out is slowing up because it's harder to find new material.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Study on Political Party Zombies - 6andcounting - 03-12-2016, 11:08 PM