Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Study on Political Party Zombies
Very interesting and sad topic.

I get out of work very late, around 4am most mornings. I end up listening to a lot of talk radio geared toward truckers. One I find myself tuning into a lot is called Red Eye Radio with Eric Harley and Gary McNamara.

These two are from Texas and are uber-conservative on every single issue pretty much without fail. They spend a ton of time railing on Obama and Hillary, in fact probably most of it over the last few years, until now.

These dudes really can't stand Trump or his supporters. They have admitted that they will indeed vote for him over Hillary or Bernie, but that's about it.

Their main reason is as this article alludes to, these people following him have no use for actual ideas or policy stances. They just like that he's pissed and speaks his mind. Most of the callers that come in supporting him have zero idea what he's going to do in office beyond building the wall. They often point out that Trump takes stances all over the places on major issues (healthcare, constitutional government, blue collar wages, tariffs, immigration) and that most of these stances are demonstrably bad ones. Nobody gives a shit at all. They just believe in his personality and financial success and that's enough.

The same holds true for Dems at the moment. It's damn near impossible to find someone that thinks Hillary is a candidate to get excited about. They just follow her because she plays for the blue team.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Study on Political Party Zombies - samhain - 03-13-2016, 12:19 AM